1. Information We collect
TuviS may collect personal information when you use the Site or App. The information could be collected automatically and directly.
When you sign up for TuviS account, you might be asked to provide personal information. The following is a list of personal information supplied directly by the consumer:
● Mobile Number. When a consumer opts-in to SMS offers with one of TuviS's clients or signs up for Belly, the consumer's mobile number is collected and stored.
● Email Address. TuviS captures consumer email addresses when a consumer sign's up with Belly. TuviS then tracks the consumer's email each time they sign in at participating locations.
● Zip Code. When a consumer opts-in to a messaging campaign, consumers may provide their zip code.
When you make a purchase or otherwise interact with one of our Rewards Providers, personal information may automatically be collected by TuviS. The following is a list of personal information that TuviS collects automatically:
● Device Information. When a consumer opens or redeems an SMS offer, or checks in using Belly, TuviS collects the device's user agent (browser type/version and operating system/version).
● IP Address. When a consumer opens or redeems an SMS offer, or checks in using Belly, TuviS collects the device IP address.
● Geolocation Data. If a consumer chooses to share their location on their mobile device, TuviS may gather the consumer's device location when they are interacting with an SMS offer. If a consumer does not have their location services enabled, TuviS may then utilize a consumer's network connection to gather the consumer's device location based on the nearest cell tower while interacting with an SMS offer.
● Products or Services Purchased. When a consumer redeems an offer using a QR code, TuviS collects data on additional products purchased at time of offer redemption (unique to mobile number).
● Demographic Information. If a consumer is connected to Facebook through Belly, TuviS may gather information on their gender and age.
● User ID. When a consumer signs up for the Belly loyalty program, refers a friend to the SMS program or is referred by a friend, TuviS gathers and stores their unique user ID.
● Visit/Check-In Information. When a consumer visits and checks into a location through Belly, TuviS collects and stores this information.
● Reward Redemption Information. When a consumer redeems rewards, TuviS collects and stores this information.
● First & Last Name. In cases where TuviS stores a client's point of sale receipts, TuviS may gather first and last name if it appears on a point of sale transaction. Additionally, when a consumer signs up for the Belly loyalty program, it captures their first and last name.
● Email Address. In cases where TuviS stores a client's point of sale receipts, TuviS may gather email address if it appears on a point of sale transaction.
● Phone Number. In cases where TuviS stores a client's point of sale receipts, TuviS may gather telephone number if it appears on a point of sale transaction.
2. Use of Personal Information
TuviS may utilize the personal information gathered (directly and automatically) in any of the following ways:
● Contact consumers with customized content on behalf of our clients
● Identify consumers when they visit a client location
● Analyze and improve client offers
3. Information Disclosure
TuviS is not in the business of selling your personal information. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information for a business or commercial purpose with certain service providers or partners, or where you may share your information with third parties, as set forth below:
● Rewards Providers: To the extent you have obtained or redeemed a reward offered by a Rewards Provider, added a Rewards Provider as a membership to your account, made a purchase at or through a Rewards Provider, or otherwise participated in any other activity sponsored or offered on behalf of the Rewards Provider, we may provide your personal and transactional information to such Rewards Providers (a) for the Rewards Provider to redeem and validate your reward, send you customized offers, troubleshoot redemption, combat fraud and otherwise communicate with you; (b) as part of legal proceedings affecting TuviS or the Rewards Provider; or (c) to send you marketing information or otherwise facilitate a direct relationship between the Rewards Provider and you.
● Agents, Consultants and Service Providers: TuviS, like many businesses, sometimes hires agents or service providers to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include maintaining databases, sending emails and SMS messages, offering and developing certain features of the Service, and performing maintenance and security. When we employ an agent or service provider to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
● Legal Requirements: TuviS may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation or assist government enforcement agencies, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of TuviS, Rewards Providers, or our users, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) protect Rewards Providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; or (vi) protect the security or integrity of the Service.
● Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their or our marketing or analytics uses, and as described in the "Information Use" section above.
In compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the published policies and consumer best practices of the Mobile Marketing Association, TuviS provides and builds into all products and services the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice for all consumers who choose to no longer receive mobile communications from TuviS.
If you wish to opt-out of TuviS mobile communications, you may do so by texting one of the keywords (STOP, CANCEL, END, UNSUBSCRIBE, QUIT, etc.) to any TuviS mobile communications you receive.
TuviS takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information provided via the Service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email, mobile or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you provide. TuviS supports online security using secure server technology, state-of-the-art security arrangements and facilities to prevent abuse.
TuviS does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If TuviS learns that we have collected personal data on a child under the age of 13, such data will be deleted from our systems.
7. Updates & Changes